Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Test Render

Recurring theme, yet another test render, this is much closer to the kind of result I want on the final renders. The shadows are a bit intense for my liking and that will be an area to tweak. The hair also has a large specular component which is something I want to remove in zbrush. However if I can't get a good look for the hair I can always make adjustments in the composition in photoshop. It's always going to be hard to get wax shaders to create good looking hair, my aim for the hair is just to make sure it's not detracting or pulling too much attention away from the rest of the image. I have a very faint sss component on this render and its helping to add a lot of life to the skin. On the final renders I'm going to improve areas like the high reflectivity on the piercings by creating masks per subtool allowing me to isolate areas such as the eyes or hair etc and tweak them individually.

No comments:

Post a Comment