Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Beastman Renders

Here are some smaller resolution versions of my final renders, these renders were rendered out of zbrush and are the basic composites from photoshop, I have some much higher resolution composites that are the finished versions, but they are a bit big to upload. I'm a bit to close to this piece of work to do very deep evaluations right now. Overall I am pleased with it, the creature model itself is definitely pushing my modelling skills to a higher level which is always good. The texturing pipeline was a new one that I hadn't worked with before but was very rewarding and gets fantastic results for skin. I am now a lot more familiar with zbrush layers, and the spotlight photo texturing feature. The main areas I am unhappy with in this sculpt are the modelling and texturing of the hair, and the texturing of the eyes. Solid geometry is never going to look as good as alpha planed hair, and when I create the game resolution version of this character I will create alpha hair, and I'm sure I will be able to achieve some really nice results in engine. So whilst I'm unhappy about the hair in this model I don't think it detracts too much and at least I know where to go from here and how to improve that for the next model. The texturing of the eyes was another area I think let the model down, I wasn't able to get the right balance of a nice shiny specular with hints of environment/HDRI style reflections in the eyes to really give that realistic feel. I also should have spent more time designing the eyes, and looking at different animal reference for ideas. That's a broad evaluation of the model, when I've managed to let everything settle I will perform a more in depth post mortem no doubt.





1 comment:

  1. Wow what a nice post i am so inspired here could you more share here i will be back to you as soon as possible.
    Thanks for sharing...



    animation

    ReplyDelete