Monday, December 5, 2011

Test Render

This is my second test render, which shows a massive improvement since the first test render. This is down to a few setting tweaks, and some experimenting with how I composite the layers together in photoshop. The model itself is nearing completion, slowly but surely, the hair still needs to be re-textured, but the inside of the mouth is all done now. I've started to pose a scream/howl expression for the character, partly to get the ball rolling on posing him and partly out of necessity to paint the interior of the mouth. So bearing in mind there are some tweaks to the pose I will be doing I don't think this is looking to bad. The render is missing some specular passes that I will do one the final ones as well as a subsurface scatter pass to really bring together the skin texture. I'm also going to use environment reflections to compliment the spec with the eyes. In the final render I want to tone down some of the harshness in the shadows as I can always build them up through layering in photoshop. Overall there's still a big list of things to do, I would still like to get some form of tattoo or war paint on the model, to add some more interest to the shoulders. I'm also going to pose him with the head slightly turned to make all the poses feel more dynamic.


No comments:

Post a Comment