Monday, January 31, 2011

Mood Boards

I realise this is the first post I have done for my business of animation module that I've been working on for something like three weeks now, this is very bad of me, I will attempt to bring you up to speed. Here goes. For this module we are working to try and complete a live brief, by way of preparation for what it is like in the industry. I chose to try and meet a D&AD brief set my disney tasking the participants to come up with a original character and include it in 30 to 60 seconds of animation. I really like this brief as it gave me a chance to sink myself into more character design (loves it) and character modelling (really love it, designing characters is cool but being given other peoples designs that are more awesome than your own and making them is just ... ah love it) and it also would mean I could do a piece of cg animation properly for the first time since intro to digital last year, which seems like a long time. Anyway this week is going to be my last week of pre production and so I would talk about the idea. I have created a character (will go into more detail when I start posting up drawings specifically on him) and I spent some time thinking about what my 30 seconds plus of animation would be, a minute still isnt loads of time to go nuts in. Then following a talk with Curtis Jobling, the creator of Bob the Builder, who spoke about how kids tv shows needed to be able to fill first time watchers in with the backstory of the show and its characters, and due to the short lengths of episodes there isnt much time for this. The way this is overcome is by including it in the opening for the show! Idea much, show intros are never more than a minute, in fact thats really pushing the limit. So I thought great I will create the character and the story behind it and use my animation time to create the intro to one episode and show off the charater in all his glory that way. The mood board below is a collection of references that are applicable to the story. That is to say it will involve: Superheroes (although its not centred on them), a school boy, a change of location, bullies, and lots of lessoned learnt that will be very relevant to my target audience of 11-14. I have waffled a lot in this post and will try and be a bit more concise/ make more sense in future posts, I really have a lot to catch up on blog wise that is far more than one pot can do

No comments:

Post a Comment