Sunday, November 1, 2009

Turn Test

This video is a test of my character's turn on the spot, it was the only bit of the entire full animation done in straight ahead animation and I had to act his out a lot to get it looking right but it was actually a lot easier than I expected. As i mentioned i referenced my own feet and legs to get an idea of how someone would turn on the spot one step at a time. Shading one of the legs in really helped with both the turn and the walk cycle to not get confused when drawing. Now that I've finished the turn I will remove the shading though. Also the guitar disappearing at the start was intentional at this point, I wasnt sure whether to draw it in every frame yet if the turn was going to go wrong I didn't want to have lots more guitars to remove and redraw so i left the first frame from the previous scene and let it disappear until i had managed to animate the turn, then went back and drew the guitar into the frames, as can be seen in the final version.


No comments:

Post a Comment