Sunday, November 15, 2009

Audio Assessment

This is the first of my posts concerning my next assessed piece, for the brief we were tasked to choose an audio clip out of several choices and animate in time with the clip. I chose a piece which has a character performing a monologue about the power of television. The clip instantly reminded of 1950s/60s political addresses of charismatic politicians or dictators. Particularly of the opening speech from Andrew Ryan at the start of the videogame BioShock. I have referenced this as an audio influence on the character I have created from listening to the clip. I very much wanted to keep the theme of a powerful politician or dictator, and the line "minds turn to jelly" makes me think of using the power of TV to brainwash, whether it be subliminal messaging or something more sinister. I felt this would be a really good premise for my animation and from this I will animate my leader giving a public address via a TV.

Unfortunately I haven't worked out how to embed sound only files on the blog pages yet and so this post will be missing the audio clip im using and the Andrew Ryan speech reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment