Monday, May 9, 2011

Heres some more work that I've done this portfolio piece, I havent been working on it as much recently as I had to take a quite break to get ready for the game pathway assessment, but now Im fully focussed on finishing him and starting on the next project. The polypainting for the skin is going well, I've worked in a similar way to how I painted the concept sculpt, really trying to get a very visceral feel, for instance I want the prisoner number tatto on his forearm to seem more like he was branded rather than tattoed. Ive played around with the trousers a bit I, I've been going for a prisoner jumpsuit look, thats had the top half ripped off, and has gotten all dirty. I'm going to go in a tatter the trousers up a bit more. The shoes still need details modelled on them. I did a lot of polypainting on the metal this morning particularly the chest piece but zbrush crashed due to memory problems so I lost the work. But having experimented this morning I know exactly what I am doing now so it wont take long to work back. That is my only beef when it comes to zbrush which is a program I really love, is that natively it's only only a 32 bit program and as a result can't take advantage of my 8 gig of ram only 4 of it. hopefully this will be fixed in the future, and also teachs be not to have mor than about 9 subdivisions on large mesh pieces. I am at the moment still experimenting with how I want to create his prosthetic arm, I really want to be very detailed and just feel right and while I've made progress with my experimentations nothing is quite there yet. For this model I may leave out the idea for now as I dont want it detract but I dont want to hold up the build for one item.

No comments:

Post a Comment