Sunday, December 6, 2009

Final Audio Assessment Video

Where to start, well I just about finished this piece despite working solidly on it and the planning for the last four weeks, i realise that maybe I set out wanting to accomplish too much for the time I had to do it in. So this final piece is in my mind what I wanted as the finished piece. Its mainly missing a LOT of post production elements that I wanted to add in, obviously I think I made the right decision when it came down to do I spend more time working on the animation or more time making it look all pretty at the end, you should always make sure the animation itself is good quality before making it all shiny looking. In some ways I am quite pleased with the animation but I am having a huge case of "if I did it all again I would do it soo much better", I am pleased that I managed to make the lip sync work, and thanks to the dope sheet drawing and syncing the actions and lips to the sound was a doddle, saved me so much time. But I feel the piece lacks the level of acting it should have, the lip sync could be made more realistic with jaw movement and accents on important vowels, the acting of the piece could be greatly improved by adding facial expression animations on top of the lip sync, which are all but none existant in this piece.
Another key area thats bugged me was the fact that some details such as the hair werent roughed in and were only put in at the end and so I dont think they hold the volume very well at all throughout the piece, this brings me on to the body which kept volume well but I feel I may have left it too static in places to make my life easier and I think it possibly should be moving more throughout the piece.
Now on to problems with post production and after animation elements, I originally planned to colour the animation and then sepia tone it so I could get the very 1950s feel I was aiming for, and as a result I wanted to ink it to get the best lines possible first, but about halfway through the inking I realised there was no way I would have any work to submit if I continued trying to ink and colour it. I still wanted to salvage and use as much of my idea with changing backgrounds during the piece as I could but this proved to be impossible without making the animation look very bad as i couldnt key colour out in aftereffects if I hadnt filled the character with colour. I think that is most of my rant about how the piece isnt quite what I was aiming for, but I am pleased with the lips and gestures, and by the way the character is an evil dictator who likes to wear womens clothing apologies if thats not clear. And with out further ado the final piece:

1 comment:

  1. uh-oh! do i see fingers??! :p.. very so effective tho! well done!

    ReplyDelete