Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Jump Test

This is the video from my first jump test, the character will be jumping over of a crevice, but that hasn't been drawn in yet as im experimenting with using adobe after effects to only have one drawing of the background thus saving me loads of drawing work. I started by looking at the body of the character as a ball and plotting the course of the body using key frames and planning pose-to-pose animation. i then created the rest of the body and built it up until i had the simple outline, once I had got to this stage I performed a line test to assess the movement in the animation. From this I found that the character didn't have enough anticipation to make the jump appear believable. I also faced the problem that due to the characters design he didn't have any knees to bend and easily show anticipation so i experimented with squashing the ball area of his body like I would if i was animating a bouncing ball. This worked well and so I went back and filled in the details of the character to make the line test seen below. (btw its not meant to be pink or red the video isn't normally that colour i think blogger is doing something strange)

No comments:

Post a Comment