Saturday, October 31, 2009

Assessment Animation

This is the first test video for my assessment piece, the piece is very influenced by Pixar's Toy Story and also one of Pixar's early shorts the Luxo Lamp. The animation tells the story of a guitar coming to life when its owner isn't around and it this test shows its epic struggle to get off its wall mount. I was quite pleased with this as a first test, it was the first time i had ever tried to animate and inanimate object and try and give it character. The timing isn't very realistic on this test although in later tests I did try to remedy this and add pauses and vary the pace of actions when it was needed. I also used a bit of squash and stretch principle when i was trying to build anticipation for the jump off the wall. Again I don't feel like this test go quite far enough and in future ones i add a bit for action as anticipation and also a pause to show a build up before the jump.



No comments:

Post a Comment