Thursday, October 22, 2009

First Attempt at Colouring Animation

After I finished detailing my jumping viking I black fine lined all the drawings and got rid of draft lines, re shot the animation and started to colour the animation in photoshop. I've discovered several things a) takes quite a while b) make sure your lines are nice and hard without being really thick otherwise the edges can look a bit hazy or you have to close up some gaps to block fill easily. I finished it all to a level i was happy with and performed a test in Adobe After Effects but found that my choice of sleeve colour was too close to the colour of the paper had turned under lighting. As a result i had to back through photoshop editing all the background to a white one, at least the lighting of my images had been fairly flat otherwise I would have required a lot more work to replace the background colour. But it isn't a good idea to plan to change the background colour to key it out, its much easier to make sure none of your character colours are too close to the background colour because the characters edges won't be as clean after the background colour changes.


No comments:

Post a Comment