Friday, April 1, 2011

Drawing

As things start to wind down for easter I am starting to work on my list of things (longer than my arm) that I would like to practise and improve. A list including doing lots of zbrush work, texturing and anything really that improves either of the above. I have over the last year been spending time whenever I can doing some studies into human anatomy. A very important skill if you want a career in any kind of character or creature creation. This evening i sat down for 20 minutes or so and decided to do a quick sketch of a human head, as this is the hardest area of the human figure to draw, and this was the result. I am quite pleased with it and it looks a lot less like the guy has lost all his marbles than my last couple of head drawings I've done. I didn't draw this from any reference I just made it up as I went along, although looking at it know watching Bubbles by Biffy Clyro before hand may have had some influence as it is looking a bit like Simon Neill.

No comments:

Post a Comment