Thursday, April 21, 2011

Bloodhound WIP

Right with character designs in hand yesteday I started sculpting the full body of my current portfolio piece. At this stage I have blocked in a lot of the forms, extracted the half of a prison jump suit and have begun blocking in folds and forms. So far its going pretty well, I just want to spend plenty of time at this stage making sure I'm happy with the proportions etc before I start working in the higher levels of detail. I'm about to start constructing the place holder geo for the tubing that will be a present theme all over the characters upper body, and then start building that in maya which should be a relatively quick process. At which point the character will start to come together a bit more. But all in all looking pretty good at this early stage. I've been experimenting with the rake brush to break up the surface shapes of the muscles (as it doesnt add or remove much by way of depth thus preserving the forms) and when its smoothed out it started to add a really nice uneven/natural look to the skin. Which will then be enhanced by tertiary details/alphas to kind the skin that really finished look.

No comments:

Post a Comment