Sunday, June 5, 2011

Digital Painting

One thing on my very long list of things to get awesome at over the summer is painting, and concept art inside photoshop. I'm not too bad at drawing and being able to paint well in photoshop can turn a so so drawing into an awesome piece. This is my first attempt at any digital paiting since I did my drop trooper concept for my life drawing and visualisation assessment. The amount my work as improved since then as you can see is quite incredible. This has taken quite a lot of time today, but I pleased with the quality , its obviously not yet finished, but it means that the focus of my digital painting over the summer will be to practise until I can do a full piece to this quality in a short period of time, say 45 mins to an hour. I'm also keen to do as much drawing practise over the summer as I can to improve my ability to create small details in my concepts and 3D models. Obviously 3D modelling is something else I want to spend a lot of time on as well, and spending more time digital painting will improve my ability to texture my creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment